To get a better understanding of my creational vision and my thoughts and creational process, here is a constantly updated list of random thoughts regarding my creation process :
1. While scrolling through my page you may notice that I often present multiple photographs of the seemingly same frame side by side. This is inspired by my love of the moving picture. I try to document not only one perfect image, but instead a whole course of motion. Imagine these photographs as single frames of a film strip. Try to find the difference in the models expression. By presenting my photographs this way, I hope to give a better understanding of the atmosphere and vibes of the subject to the voyeur, almost a look behind the scenes while being the actual photographs, with the advantage of having unlimited time to see each expression. My pictures are deconstructed movies.
2. Fashion is the key argument, but not the entire statement of my photography.
3. The art of painting is the creation out of a white void, photography is the art of breaking down the world to one frame, which represents it all.
4. Poetry is limited to one language, and will always loose a part of its energy in translation. Moving images, are a virtual creation, never perceived without technology, thus creating a barrier for the casual voyeur. It is true that words have a globally more commonly understood meaning then a visual image, and films can express true emotions as a whole after the whole piece is observed, but a photography is instantly and globally perceived, its meaning is directly unfolded on the voyeur, and it can additionally be presented as a tangible, solid object.
5. Photographs are never answers, but new questions. They are not capturing the world, but instead a mirror one turns to face the world.
Photographers that inspire me : Nicolas Guerin, Steven Klein, Nobuyoshi Araki, Ellen v. Unwerth, Chris Devour...
Key-words in my creations: Alienation, Hedonism and Escapism. The feeling of being a stranger, an alien in one context, the feeling of being misplaced- and the urge to flee to a better place.
Drop by often to get updates from my adventurous journey to find my visual identity.